PRIVACY STATEMENT THE BEE HOSTEL
The Bee Hostel B.V. (registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 76512460, “The Bee Hostel”) values your privacy. We process personal data in a safe and responsible manner, according to the applicable regulations (the “GDPR”).
In this privacy statement, we inform you about the processing of your personal data and your rights. We only use personal data for the mentioned reasons, the processing of personal data is based on a legal ground. We take reasonable measures to protect your personal data against loss and theft.
We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your data. All the data collected by us is stored on a secure server in a secure hosting facility and we take all reasonable steps to ensure all accesses are pre-authorized and recorded.
The Bee Hostel is responsible for the processing of personal data. Should you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact The Hostel Manager via [email protected].
PROCESSED PERSONAL DATA
We process the following personal data:
– First and last name
– Date or birth
– Private address
– Phone number
– Email address
– Data actively provided by you while, for example, making a profile or contacting us – Data about your activity on our website
– Payment data
– Special requests such as allergies, accessibility and/or health needs, etc. – The Bee Hostel uses camera surveillance in the public area and emergency routes.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
The mentioned personal data is processed in order to:
– Make and complete a reservation and/or booking.
– Contact you, for example regarding special offers and newsletters. We only send you newsletters if you have indicated to us that you want to receive a newsletter. If you no longer want to receive a newsletter from us, you can easily opt-out via the link at the bottom of every newsletter.
– Contact you regarding the status of your booking if relevant.
– Analyze your behavior on our website, in order to improve the website and to customize the website and services to your preferences.
– To the extent necessary to secure its property and protect its guests.
The Bee Hostel may share your personal data with various third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the agreement and to comply with legal obligations. We conclude a data processing agreement with companies that process your personal data on our behalf in order to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. We may also require to share some personal data prior to, or during your stay with third parties from whom you indicated to us you are interested to receive services from (such as boat tours, bike rental, dry-cleaning etc..)
We only keep personal data for as long as it is necessary to realize the purposes for which your data is collected. After this period we will delete your personal data, unless there is a legal obligation on us to keep your personal data longer.
Regarding your personal data, you have the right to access, correction, addition, data erasure, restriction of processing, transfer of personal data and the right to object. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected].
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Functionality – we use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – we use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Analytical – we use these cookies to count the number of visitors and to follow how visitors move around our website. They enable us to see how our website works and make improvements by ensuring that users easily find what they are looking for.
- Tracking Pixels – tracking pixels are pieces of code, usually using an image to serve as a bridge between websites. They are typically set up as a 1 by 1 pixel gifs in order to save on bandwidth and hence are called tracking pixel.
- Social Media – we use LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter Pixels to provide our website users with convenient access to/from popular social media services.
You can block functional cookies by changing the setting of your browser, which allows you to refuse all or some cookies. However, if you block functional cookies, your access to all or parts of our website, together with some services of our website, may be restricted.